mardi 8 avril 2008

"Generous Orthodoxy" defends fallibilism?

Look here!

To my tired sore eyes, this looks like a think tank calling itself "generous orthodoxy" defending the "fallibilism" of all sources of Christian dogma. I ask not whether that be orthodox, I cannot imagine any way of fitting that to orthodoxy, but merely: what is "generous" about it?

Of course people in this town were not too happy about letting me sleep tonight, so I might have misread. But even if "generous orthodoxy" is not defending the fallibilism of Christian sources, you understand what I mean about there being nothing generous about doing that, dont you?

Hans

PS, seems on second check I did not misread. See further my comments (Hans Lundahl, linking back to my blog)

PPS, they defended fallibilism against this reasoning. I hold with Alexander Pruss here, against Liberal Theology, as he calls his post. Sad that he contradicts that notion in evolution and scientific irrealism.

PPPS, there seems to be some similarity with defense of fallibilism and some part of the points made by Fr. Michael Keating concerning Islam cf. my second comment.

1 commentaire:

Hans Georg Lundahl a dit…

Links, mostly, including to Fr. Huneycutt, Bishop Williamson, John Sandinopoulos, and some of my comments, these being English counterpart to "Mon retour des Orthodoxes à la FSSPX":

1 Hungarians do play guitar (link) 2 China 3 Orthodixie: "Of course Sponge Bob is gay" (link) 4 Dale Ahlquist: "G.K. Chesterton and The Perils of ... 5 "Generous Orthodoxy" defends fallibilism? 6 Brain death diagnosis kills? (link) 7a "Kill your parents" +40ys=Educate your children! (link) b I don't believe in Weathermen c How e v e r 8 "When does His Grace Hilarion sleep?" /Orthodixie ... 9 Airport Tyranny/Dinoscopus (link) 10 Mark Pivarunas, bishop, speaks (link) 11 Between Sunday of Genealogy and Christmas Day (links) 12 Two courageous men, two heavily conformist communities... 13 Reading time for Mgr Williamson! 14 Update 1: Mgr Williamson apologises for hurting people... 15 Update 3: some do not apologise or avoid schism (update 2 is in French series) 16 Count-down to St Patrick's - a link to his "breast plate"... 17 Happy St Patrick's day, all of you ... 18 Annunciation 19 Happy Annunciation, Old Calendarists! - 20 Great and Holy Tuesday (link to Fr. James) - 21 Orthodox Holy Week (link to Fr Huneycutt) - 22 Christ is risen! - 23 Il est vraiment ressuscité 24 Piracy and slavehunt are not Christian things 25 A book and a site they might not want you to read ... 26 Today's celebrations: 27 Blessed feast of the Dormition! 28 My dear Bishop Williamson, if I had earned money a... 29 Brother Dimond refutes claim that Shroud of Turin is a fake (link, youtube)... 30 Am I too libertarian for FSSPX? Hope not. 31 a Mystagogy posts certainly false allegation on St Robert Bellarmine... - b Pseudoquote identified. What De Romano Pontifice, ... really says - c Further faults of fact in the Mystagogy post